Nothing can ruin a pleasant afternoon enjoying your lawn like a swarm of pesky mosquitoes! These bloodsucking pests are not only frustrating, but they are notoriously hard to prevent here in our hot and damp Louisiana climate. Mosquitoes reproduce rapidly and need only bodies of water as small as a puddle or birdbath to lay eggs and release more biting adult mosquitoes. Lucky for you, Delta Pest Services has been protecting yards just like yours from mosquitoes for years.
When you partner with us for mosquito control, you can expect the following:
- Excellent customer service from highly trained, state-certified professionals
- No-contract options and easy scheduling
- Free inspections
- Customized treatment plans
- A money-back guarantee and free re-treatments
- And more!
Save $20 Today!
Delta Home Protection Elite
When pests threaten the safety of your home and loved ones, DIY solutions will not provide the relief you need. Our signature Delta Home Protection Elite service targets pest entry and exit points for maximum effectiveness, and our thorough treatments will help rid your home of pests.
Protection from Mosquito-Borne Diseases
Mosquitoes are annoying, sure, but they can cause you more trouble than just itchy bites and constant buzzing. DIY mosquito control is not only a waste of your time and money, but many products can expose you and your loved ones to dangerous toxins. Even worse, mosquitoes spread various illnesses that are dangerous for your family and pets. Thankfully, Delta Pest Services is here to help!
When you receive professional mosquito control from Delta, you will be protected from mosquito-borne diseases such as:
- West Nile Virus
- Yellow fever
- And more
How to Prevent Mosquito and Tick Bites
Bug bites from ticks and mosquitoes are becoming increasingly more dangerous. With more cases of Lyme disease from tick bites and Zika virus and West Nile becoming more common from mosquito bites, it’s more important than ever to make sure you and your family are protected. In order to prevent getting mosquito and tick bites in your yard, you must take the crucial step of removing any chance of attracting them. In general, to prevent mosquito and tick bites, you can always wear long clothing, use tick and mosquito repellent, and call Delta Pest Services for professional mosquito and tick control.
Tips for Preventing Mosquito Bites
Mosquitoes are no stranger to the Southern Louisiana area. The warm, humid temperatures are highly attractive to these biting bugs, but that does not mean you should be a victim to one of their stinging bites.
- Remove Standing Water Around Your Home—Areas with standing water, even water collected from objects in your yard, are ideal breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Birdbaths, buckets, and old tires are all examples of objects around the yard that can hold water for mosquitoes to breed. Be sure you dump out water from items around your yard after it rains to eliminate standing water sources.
- Treat Outdoor Water Sources—For people with pools or ponds, it might be harder to remove standing water sources from your yard. Instead of draining your pool, keep up with the pool maintenance and chemical balance. For ponds or lakes, maintain them with a specified treatment that is approved for ground water or hire a pest management company to do it for you. Treating your ponds or lakes will create an unsafe environment for mosquitoes but still keep it safe for other animals and plants.
- Avoid Wearing Perfumes or Certain Lotions—Mosquitoes detect humans and animals to prey upon based off scent. While some people tend to attract more mosquitoes than others –based on your biological makeup- there are scents that you can avoid to help prevent attraction. Perfumes, colognes, and even moisturizers with floral scents can make you a bigger target for mosquito bites so, avoid these when you can.
Tips for Preventing Tick Bites
Tick bites can be a little trickier to prevent because ticks are so small (about the size of a poppy seed) and harder to detect than mosquitoes. However, there are ways to minimize the risk of tick bites from happening around your home.
- Maintain a Healthy Yard—Ticks thrive in tall grasses and shrubs as well as areas with shade. Keep your lawn mowed to keep the grass low, and remove leaves and other debris to give your yard as much sunlight as possible.
- Keep Your Clothes Tucked in—As mentioned earlier, ticks are extremely small and hard to notice. Ticks are also sensitive to heat and dryness, which will make them more likely to crawl under your fabric to feed to protect them from the beating sun. If you are going through the woods or other tick-infested areas, be sure to tuck your pants into your socks and your shirt into your pants.
- Dry Your Clothes as Soon as You Go Inside—Ticks not only latch onto skin, they go for clothing too. Because ticks are vulnerable to dryness, throwing your clothes in the dryer as soon as possible is the best way to remove and kill the ticks lingering on your clothes. Throw your clothes in the dryer right away for about 10 minutes. If they need a wash, be sure to use warm water to effectively kill the ticks.
Guaranteed Mosquito Relief
At Delta, we believe no two homes are exactly alike. Each homeowner has unique needs when it comes to mosquito control, and we pride ourselves on making sure that no matter what your needs are we’ll have the solutions to best fit your budget, schedule, and pest problem. We provide reduced-risk treatments, online payment options, and a money-back guarantee so that you get the most of your experience with our mosquito control.
We provide mosquito control in the following areas in southern Louisiana: